How to disable access to the Windows registryFrom the Windows registry we can make numerous changes to the operating system, this being very dangerous for those who come in without knowing they are doing. That’s why it is very important to make sure that nobody edit the registry to safeguard Windows, and therefore the data from our PC.
To disable access to the Windows registry will:
– Let’s Start – Run and type regedit.
HKeyCurrentUser disable access to the Windows registry Software disable access to the Windows registry Microsoft disable access to the Windows registry Windows disable access to the Windows registry CurrentVersion disable access to the Windows registry Policies disable access to the Windows registry System.
– In the right window we create a new DWORD value and call it DisableRegistryTools.
– Double click on it and assign a value of 1.
This way we will have disabled the editing of the registry.
But surely at some time we have to enter the registry editor to make changes. In that case we will have to re-enable access. We will do the following steps:
– Open the notebook and wrote the following lines:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
DisableRegistryTools = dword: 00000000
– Save the file with the name and from now on every time we need to enable the Windows Registry after it is disabled, you only have to double click on the file you just created unlock reg.